As part of our annual PS101 Challenge we recently dared 14 local businesses in a charity competition to see who could build a flatpack the fastest!
Each team had to compete against other local businesses to raise money for charity. The #FastestFlatpackBuild was our annual ‘all-in’ challenge, which raised money and awareness for Got Your Back Sista.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that local granny flat builders, Backyard Grannys, took out first place, with a time just a little over 10 minutes. Surprisingly, however our team from Property Solutions 101 took out last place!
Kylie Frearson, our Director at Property Solutions 101, believes the afternoon was a huge success.
“It just shows that it only takes a small idea and the open-minds of local businesses to raise money for charity,” Kylie said.
“When we first floated the idea there were a few confused people, but the feedback from the event was that everyone had a great time, were thrilled to support Got Your Back Sista and thoroughly enjoyed getting out of the office for a little bit of fun and silliness.”
“However, we maintain our flatpack was sabotaged,” Kylie laughed. “It’s the only reason we could have come last!”
With 18 businesses donating money, the event raised $9,000, along with the $1,500 worth of furniture, being gifted to the charity.
The feedback from the founder of Got Your Back Sista, Melissa Histon, said she loved the idea of the challenge.
“It was a great way to have businesses donate to charity, in a way that’s thinking outside of the box – in this case, the flatpack box!” Melissa laughed. “We’re always surprised by the creative ways individuals and businesses in the Hunter region choose to support Got Your Back Sista. And as always, we’re really grateful.”
The local business people who participated in the 2018 PS101 Challenge included:
- Property Solutions 101 – Kylie Frearson & Siobhan Ferguson
- The Marketing GP – Kylie Screen & Tarin Cromarty
- Frontline – Grant Maloney & Mel Flavell
- Bell Partners Wealth Creation – Alex Herbert & T’Kia Gresham
- Evolution Advisers – Kylie Colloras & Claudina Kruk
- Hyperweb – Brendan Brooks & Wade Haywood
- Hunter Plastic Surgery – Amber Moncrieff & Lily Wang
- St George – James Petryk & Jye Smith
- Backyard Grannys – Alex Mitchell & Daniel Carman
- performHR – Johanna Fink & Sarah Noonan
- Monica Clare Recruitment – Hayley Hutchinson & Carla Hiles
- Jenkins Legal – Sally Davies & Michael Volschenk
- LJ Hooker – Tegan Kleinman & Greg Frearson
- Capital Claims – Kylie Waddingham & Kylie Hearne
And a big thank you to the local businesses that were able to donate to Got Your Back Sista on behalf of the competition.
Got Your Back Sista is a Hunter-based charity that has a vision to see women and their children happy, thriving and living independently after escaping the trauma of domestic violence.
To learn more or if you’d like to donate to this fantastic charity then click here.
IMAGE – Winners Alex Mitchell & Daniel Carman of Backyard Grannys, with Kylie Frearon of Property Solutions 101 and Melissa Histon of Got Your Back Sista.