We invited local Newcastle business to put their money where their mouth was – literally – and join our biggest PS101Challenge by holding a burger eating competition.
Last Friday 20th Oct at 2pm a hungry group of local Novacastrian businesses descended on Newy Burger Co. The title of PS101 ‘Burg’ Challenge Winner was up for grabs along with a pretty impressive trophy.
You can also watch the NBN news coverage HERE
We had 22 of incredible Newcastle business people all joining forces to raise money for the amazing local charity Charlie’s Run 4 Kids. It was a hectic challenge with burgs going everywhere & WE LOVED EVERY SECOND!
CONGRATS TO OUR WINNER ON THE DAY – JAMIE MILLER FROM DOWNER GROUP
Jamie smashed out 13 burgs. He had his own unique style and completely smashed out those burgers!
Special mention goes to Diezel from Kruzin Boards Australia who at 9 years of age smashed 3 burgs!! What an absolute champion.
We raised in total just under $6,000 for Charlie’s Run 4 Kids and huge thanks must go to our local businesses who raised their hands to join our challenge. They were:
- Brett Godfrey from Jim’s Test & Tag
- Michael & Elizabeth from Porter Veritas Conveyancing
- Pete from Captial Claims Tax Depreciation
- Diezel from Kruzin Boards Australia
- Jamie from Downer Group
- Dave from Downer Group (they loved our challenge so much they sent two competitors!)
- Darren Glover from Evolution Business & Personal Advisors
- Damon Sellis from Street Property Group
- Ryan from Osborn Law
- Zimpleweb & their Challenger Aaron
- Laurie from Coffee Finance
- Craig McGaffin
- Casey from Wolf PT
- Julie from Fox Stevens Conveyancing
- Ed Thwaites from Herron Todd White
- Ty from Monica Clare Recruitment
- The Marketing GP and their very special challenger Brett Carr
- Adam Bess Electrical
- Dave from Transelect
- Bel-Air Pools
- Newy Burger Co
- Jason from Property Solutions 101
Big thanks again to Newy Burger Co who served a total of 190 burg sliders for our challenge.
We honestly couldn’t have created this particular challenge without their incredible team. At first, Ben was a little unsure what we were talking about. But he was quickly on board with every request we had… so massive thanks must be made to Ben & Nick.
Thanks to Holly Martin from The Marketing GP who was our MC on the day & our photographer Matt Walsh for these spectacular images.
We already can’t wait for the next PS101Challenge!